- Eye Surgery (Lasik)
Are you tired of relying on your glasses? Would you like to go without contact lenses? Laser eye surgery is a life changer for many with poor or weak eyesight. While many who undergo the surgery can completely give up glasses and contact lenses, for some the reduction of reliance on glasses or lenses is the goal.
Laser surgery reshapes the surface of the cornea, enabling better focus. Lasik can correct:
- Myopia (short-sightedness)
- Hyperopia (long-sightedness)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision)
Laser surgery using Lasik involves the use of 2 lasers, one to open a thin flap in the surface of the cornea and the other to reshape the cornea underneath.
Lasik surgery typically has a satisfaction rate of 95-98%, however, 1 out of 10 people may require more surgery to achieve the optimal results.
You may not be eligible for Lasik if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a medical condition such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Have diabetes
- Have glaucoma (optic nerve damage caused by fluid inside the eye)
- Your glasses prescription has changed dramatically
- You need very strong glasses, eg over -10.00 or +5.00
- Have extremely dry eyes
Is laser eye surgery suitable for you? A consultation with an experienced ophthalmologist will help to determine the right path for the future of your eyesight.
Contact Bloom Health to take your first steps on the way to clearer vision today.
Do you have any questions?
Click on your favorite application below to immediately reach us!
You may also be interested in: